Lifestyle is a way of living that reflects the person’s value and state of mind. Lifestyle is a way an individual leads his/her life. It includes the patterns of social connection, consumption, entertainment and dress. Lifestyle is expressed in actions, mentalities, intrigues, opinions and values. It additionally reflects person’s self-image or self-concept, the way they see themselves and believe that they are seen by other persons.
A healthy lifestyle is absolutely vital for reducing the incidence and impact of problems, for recovery, for coping with life stressors and for improving quality of life. There are a number of research studies which show that lifestyle play a huge part in how healthy we are.
As a matter of fact, what we eat and drink, how much exercise we perform and whatever we smoke or take drugs, all affect our health. It is usually seen that conditions such as heart diseases, cancer, diabetes and mental illness etc. are responsible for a vast number of death and disabilities. And all these problems happen due to our poor lifestyle we lead.
Currently, we depend exclusively on the medical treatment which is provided by the qualified doctors. As a matter of fact, many health problems can be prevented or at least their occurrence can be postponed by having a healthy lifestyle.
A healthy or positive lifestyle is truly imperative for everyone in the following ways:
- Increases the longevity :– a healthy lifestyle increase the longevity. It slows down the aging process and helps the older persons to stay strong and healthy. Healthy lifestyle also slows down the disease development and contributes to a longer life. A health life style reduces the risk of diseases and delays the deterioration of health.
- Increases the level of energy :- A healthy lifestyle increases the level of energy. An individual with a healthy lifestyle feels more energetic which means more productivity in the day to day living. With the increased level of energy, we can accomplish more work in our life which is turn provides a greater sense of satisfaction.
- Helps in reducing depression :- A healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the depression. In fact, a healthy lifestyle helps in accomplishing a healthy body which in turn elevates hormone levels in the body that regulates the mood. This hormone helps in reducing depression.
- Increases the level of physical fitness :- A healthy lifestyle increases the level of physical fitness. Physical fitness helps in better coordination of muscles and an increase in strength, flexibility and endurance etc. it makes life more smooth and efficient. Finally, the physical fitness helps in improving quality of life
- Improves posture :- Poor posture is a major cause of injury and often leads to huge problems in later part of life. A healthy lifestyle also improves the physical appearance.
- Increase self-confidence :- A healthy lifestyle increases the level of fitness of an individual. After getting fit, an individual tends to become more self-confident and self-aware.
- Helps in coping with stress. A healthy lifestyle helps in coping with stress. Indeed, a healthy lifestyle enhances the psychological power of an individual to cope with the stress as well as anxiety and ultimately it improves the mental health of an individual.
- Helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases :- A healthy lifestyle helps in avoiding cardio-vascular ailments. It helps in diminishing the additional or extra body fat and fortifies the heart resulting in more blood and oxygen flow all through the body
To conclude it can be said that healthy lifestyle is very important for all of us because it reduces the risk of cardio-vascular diseases, cancer, diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol etc. it makes us more energetic. It elevates the mood and makes one self-confident which results in a better quality of life.