Asthma happens when the airways in the lungs become blocked to the passage of air. The symptoms of asthma include breathing which gradually becomes labored and a wheezing sound, which is heard with each breath. This condition gradually becomes worse over time. Person struggles for breath and become anxious, nervous and tense. Asthma can be a serious and possibly life-threatening condition.
The inside walls of an asthmatic’s aviation routes are swollen or inflamed. This swelling or aggravation makes the airways extremely sensitive to irritations and expands your helplessness to an allergic reaction.As inflammation causes the airways to become narrower, less air can go through them, both to and from the lungs
What is an Asthma Episode / Attack?
An asthma attack is when symptoms are more regrettable than normal. They can appear all of sudden and can be mild, moderate or serious. Asthma attacks happen when there is a block in the flow of air in the lungs.
There are a variety of possible occurs related to Asthma attack. Weak lungs due to hereditary factors, tuberculosis, and repeated lung infections are primary causes. Emotional factors are very important to notice. The emotional factors that are likely to cause stiffening of the muscles in the chest are tension, fear, unexpressed anger and replated to stress in the family
Asthma attacks are often triggered by allergies to food, house mites, dust, animal hair, molds, artificial coloring and flavoring and pollen.
What happens during an asthma attack?
- The muscles around your aviation routes tighten up, narrowing the airway.
- Less air can move through the airway.
- Inflammation of the aviation routes increases, further narrowing the aviation routes.
- More mucus is produced in the aviation routes, undermining the flow of air even more.
Prevention of Asthma
You can take control on Asthma with lifestyle changes, by making changes in diet, medicines as well as addition herbs. In fact, lot of herbs can treat and prevent asthma attacks
- Take 1 to 2 cups oregano tea every day when experiencing asthma. To make the tea, take 3 teaspoon of oregano in a cup of hot water for eight to ten minutes. Strain, add honey according to taste and drink it.
- Take 1 tablespoon of juice extracted from fresh oregano leaves a couple times each day to relieve asthma symptoms and chronic coughs.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea every day. To make ginger tea, take some water and add one piece of ginger almost of one inch (cut into small pieces) to a pot. Simmer it almost for 10 minutes, strain and drink it.
- Boil 2 to 3 garlic cloves in half cup of milk. Permit it to cool to room temperature and drink it once every day.
- Exercise regularly and daily. Get involved in such exercise which enhance chest muscles. Swimming is the best exercise in Asthma
- Take proper rest. Plenty of sleep is essential in healing this illness, the body’s tissues are restored and deep-seated diseases are cured during sound, restful sleep
- Drink more liquids like juice, water etc. mix some honey in water and drink at least three times in a day
- Gentle exercise such as walking encourages fresh air in the lungs and also strengthen the immune system