PM Narendra Modi took another step forward towards making the cashless economy. On 31st December 2016, PM Namo launched a new UPI-based app, ‘BHIM App’. BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. And as Prime Minister said people literally searching for BHIM App and How to use BHIM App on Google.
It is a UPI-based app and It is developed by the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India).
What is UPI Based payment system?
UPI (Unified Payment Interface) is a payment system that allows a user to transfer money between any two bank accounts by using a smartphone or tablet.
This system works in both online and offline, UPI allows the user to pay directly from a bank account to another account without the hassle of typing Debit or Credit card details or net banking/wallet passwords.
Installation and How to use BHIM – Step By Step.
1. Download BHIM App from Playstore and Install it. ( It is Currently available only for Android devices not for iOS)
2. Install and open the app. First, it will ask you to Choose the language from Hindi or English.
3. Then You will prompt to select your mobile number. Select the number that is registered with your bank account.
4. Once the mobile number verification is complete, set the four-digit passcode.
5. After setting the passcode, the app will ask you to select your bank. Select your Bank from the list. It includes all big banks that are listed on the stock exchanges.
6. Once the bank is selected, The BHIM App will automatically pick up your bank details ie. Your Account Number, Account Name and Account Type using your phone number. Select the primary bank account that will be used for all your transactions.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Catholic Syrian bank
- Central Bank of India
- DCB Bank
- Dena Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Indusind Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Oriental Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- RBL Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Standard Chartered
- State bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
7. After selecting your bank account set your 6 digit UPI PIN. Click on the option ‘Set UPI PIN’. In next window, Enter last 6 digits of your Debit Card and validity date of Debit Card.You will get an OTP by the SMS. The app will automatically read the OTP and will appear on your app. Then you can set new UPI PIN.
Now you are ready to use it. The app displays three options — Send, Request and Scan/Pay. Transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers.
8. To send money to someone, type in their phone number and the amount to be transferred. The app will prompt you to input your UPI PIN that authenticates the transaction.
9. Also, you can request money from someone by using their phone number.
10. The third option, Scan & Pay, allows the user to transfer money using the QR code, a two-dimensional black & white barcode which can be decoded by a smartphone or a tablet.
So, now you have learned how to use BHIM app and ready to use it.Enjoy!