Diabetes is really a very dangerous disease. If diabetes is not controlled, it can lead to renal failure, loss of vision, amputation of limbs and cardiovascular diseases. Diabetes is such a disease that makes sugar to build up in our blood instead of being utilized by the cells as a part of our bodies.
In fact, our body utilize a hormone (Insulin) to control the level of being utilized by the cells in our bodies. When our body does not create adequate amount of insulin or when insulin doesn’t function or work properly, diabetes happens.
Diabetes can be prevented by laying stress on the following points:
- Regular Exercise :- Exercise plays a very significant role not only in preventing the type II diabetes but managing it also. Regular exercise can reduce the sugar level in blood. It also improves the production of insulin and strengthens the heart. Physical exercise for at least 60 minutes or more on six days a week is the best. But even if we exercise for a little bit time is much better than none at all. Walking is also a simple and effective exercise that many people can enjoy. At least, take the stairs instead of elevators.
- Maintain Healthy Weight :- For maintaining a healthy weight, you should always try to make balance between your intake of calories and expenditure of calories. So don’t try to take more calories than your body burns each day. For maintaining your health weight your BMI should be between 18.5 To 24.9. If it is going up, start taking low calories or start doing aerobic exercise or burning extra calories so that BMI may remain at proper level. As a matter of fact, regular exercise definitely reduces the chances of occurring diabetes.
- Reduce the intake of saturated Fat :- Reduce the intake of saturated fat if you want to prevent diabetes Type II. Indeed, intake of saturated fat in more amounts definitely leads to overweight or obesity which ultimately enhances the chances of occurring diabetes.
- Avoid Rich Carbohydrate Food :- If you want to prevent Type II diabetes, avoid rich carbohydrate food. However, it does not mean that you should not take carbohydrates. It is necessary to increase the level of energy. So, just reduce its amount in diet for preventing diabetes.
- Eat healthy Food :- if you want to prevent diabetes, include plenty of vegetables, fruits and fibre-rich whole grains in your diet. When you take fruits and vegetables, try to take deeply coloured vegetables and fruits such as spinach, berries, carrots, and peaches. For taking whole grains, oatmeal, barley, brown rice, whole wheat and corn are better to include in your diet.
- Eat Small Portion of Meals :- For preventing high level of blood sugar, eat at least 5 to 6 small portions of meals a day rather than one big meal. Take small meals and don’t do over-eating.